BIG BREAKTHROUGH with the STAFF THING

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Richiana Jones from dyn34-ras23.screaming.net on September 05, 2000 at 10:29:08:

In Reply to: Re: Above post is to clarify some previous posts re: Indy's height and the height of the Staff of Ra (nim) posted by Northwest Smith on September 05, 2000 at 05:22:08:

Aha!

I now get it - it isn't a goof - It isn't meant to be 1 kadam shorter, it is meant to be taken back 1 kadam - hence the reason he inserts it into a fresh hole. The hole that Belloq used was about 12 inches infront of the one that Indy places the staff into. This explains why the pole looks too large to be 5ft - because it isn't meant to be - It is 6ft, plus a couple of inches that the headpiece adds. This is why it is taller than him.

If you think I'm wrong, watch the video - and you'll see that he runs his finger from an uncovered hol, down about 12 inches to the one that he blows the sand out of!

Am I right, or am I right???

This solves the reason why the staff looks so tall - because it is, he literally "TAKES IT BACK ONE KADAM IN HONOUR OF THE GOD".

Regards - Richiana Jones

"Know it all - super sleuth - and womanizer"

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: