The "Suddenly Civil" Approach is Appreciated, but...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aaron from usr4-modem209.runestone.net on September 05, 2000 at 18:47:50:

In Reply to: Hey "Answerer" and others... posted by Wonderer on September 05, 2000 at 01:06:05:

First of all, to quote a quote:

"Anyway, to quote New Jersey Hughes as to my responses to certain postings: 'If your gut reaction to what I just wrote is anger and acrimony, then maybe you need to take a step back and look at just how you act, and how it's perceived by others...'"

And, um, what was the first thing we heard from you? "...all this cloak and dagger BS..." followed by, "...why don't you stop jerking us around and tell us who it is? Listening to you spin yarns is almost as tedious as hearing HF tell us how excited and anxious he is to do Indy 4. If you are on the up and up, OUT WITH IT ALREADY!!!"

I ask you, where was your "step back," and how do you think we perceived those comments?

Now we read: "YOU guys bring waaaaaay too much aggression to these pages." If this is what you came up with from your "step back," maybe you need to make more of a LEAP backwards.

Here is an interesting comparison of two quotes of yours:

1] "Gald to have provoked you."

2] "Most things written here are tongue in cheek OR TO PROVOKE SOME KIND OF RESPONSE."

Also: "[We all] tend to lash out when someone's opinion differs from our own, but this really isn't the place for that." Exactly--take those other posts somewhere else!

"I realize that Patterson feels persecuted(sp?) regarding the new jacket, but he kind of set himself up for this." Patterson himself covered this well enough in a nearby post... Besides, aside from you, I don't think he's gotten ANY persecution--only congratulations and the occaisonal excited question.

"But just like the rest of you, I was/am growing ever more impatient:)" Smiley faces aside, yes, I am excited about this new jacket, but that is no reason to lash out at someone who has only helped the situation [seeing as how we went from a wait of, umm, FOREVER to get the new jacket--as the idea hadn't been conceived--to a matter of weeks BECAUSE of Patterson, Michaelson, and Brody]. And then there's my original post of why we should maybe have a little bit more faith/respect for those three and the manufacturer--but we won't go into that again.

"As far as Cueball goes...don't know exactly what his position is, other than to bash me with every other posting. If you are having a pissy day and need to vent your bile and venom, there are several other places for that kind of behavior."

Then there's you: "...and the rest of the Patterson fan-club obsessives."

Look, the fact of the matter is, the ideas you expressed in this most recent post are ABSOLUTELY true. I agree wholeheartedly! BUT, and that's a BIG but, because of your ORIGINAL posts, this new one seems like an argument against yourself.

Well, that's about all I have to say on this right now. Like the title to this post states, I'm pleased to see you finally taking a civil [if not logical] approach to the whole matter. Still, you've used words before simply to fish for the response you want. For all we know, you may be doing it again. As for me, I'll believe you when you keep up this considerably more cool approach to discussion.

Aaron

Oh, and about the anger thing...I really don't feel any "rage" about this situation...matter of fact I'm sipping a little lemonade :)...so don't worry about me. I'm only, as they say, "making a tired point."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]