Indy gaming, etc.: How to tell a story?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aaron from usr4-modem209.runestone.net on September 05, 2000 at 19:34:38:

Hey all.

I do agree with the recent outcries of "not enough Indiana Jones-related posts!" and I know that a lot of my time has been spent recently only adding to the problem by spending [wasting?] my time in the ever dangerous Land of the Angry NIMs.

That in mind, here's an Indy related post that I've been mulling over for a while:

I, like most human beings [shock!], often feel the need to use my "creative side" in life. Many times when I'm ready to get my collective creative groove on, I find that I would very much like to do something Indy-related [shock 2!].

Still, making rough sketches and storyboards can only take one so far.

What I am REALLY interested in is somehow creating an entire Indiana Jones story [of some sort]. Specifically, I'm interested in, but not limited to, Indiana Jones gaming. Unfortunately, I'm no programmer!

My question is this: does anybody know of a fairly easy way to put a game together? I mean, EASY...like, a click-and-drag kind of editor? I'm not looking to break any ground here, just create a simple game [most any genre] that I find fun to play AND to create. Often times, I know, those two can't possibly coexist, but hey, it's worth a shot, right?

So tell me your thoughts, if you would--have you ever done anything like this, or considered it?

Gear collecting and customizing action figures are fun as all get-out for a lot of people, but that's not all that we're limited to, folks!

Wadya think?

Aaron

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: