Hmmm...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.91 on September 05, 2000 at 19:38:32:

In Reply to: The "Suddenly Civil" Approach is Appreciated, but... posted by Aaron on September 05, 2000 at 18:47:50:

I came in this morning and scanned the post, above, that started this particular string. I decided the tone was going in the right direction, though I had issues with some of the substance. I did feel that some resolution had occurred – though I was not sure I really wanted to know why. Then I weeded through the posts that had occurred over the weekend, and began getting pissed again. BUT, I decided to just let it go. You know - take a few on the cheek.

Then I read Aaron's post. Maybe I'm just in a foul mood? Anyway, you make your points very well, Aaron. The inconsistencies you point out in our friend’s arguments are evidence of a weak mind.

A wise man once told me that I'd meet people like this guy. He said they would object to things based on illogical arguments, point fingers, make accusations, and just make a mess of things for no appreciable reason. When you come across somebody like that, look at what it is they use as criticisms of others. Those are the sources of their own insecurities, weaknesses, and fears. If they are not causing problems, then pity them. If they are causing problems, remove them and then pity them.

When we started out trying to get an authentic RotLA jacket, Michaelson told me that something like this would happen – we’d see two camps. The first would be grateful and excited about the prospect of a truly authentic jacket. The other would react with fear and criticism. I have to admit; I thought to myself “Yes, but this is just a jacket”. Again, Michaelson was right.

This is a hobby and I am happy to assist those who ask for help genuinely and in good faith. I do not have patience for fools, and cannot be responsible for educating the tragically uninformed. The rest of you are welcome to email or post to me anytime. Whatever your name is – Wonderer – I have no more time for you.

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]