Wellllll......to add to the scar stories......and other "fables"........

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jimmie from 1Cust149.tnt2.beaverton.or.da.uu.net on September 06, 2000 at 02:58:40:

In Reply to: What have you done with YOUR whip lately? posted by Doc on September 05, 2000 at 19:21:49:

My scar story is me getting loaded one time, about ten years ago, in Spokane, Washington, with a bunch of friends. I was showing off, knocking bottles off of a swinging 'for sale' sign, and the whip cracked (don't ask me how) right under my left eye.On the way back in, one of the girls said "Hey...you're bleeding.".....turns out I gave myself a slice right to the bone under my eye, about 3/4 of an inch long, and a slight cut in the eyebrow above. All told, 5 stitches below, and two above.I had to carry the whip to prove that I hadn't been punched!

On the other hand,
Back in 1984, I carried a whip around ALL OF THE TIME. I was a total Indy geek (but then aren't we all?)...I was in Ephrata, Washington, and we had to travel to Moses Lake, about 40 miles or so away, just to see a novie. One weekend night, we did. Of course, I had my whip with me.When we arrived at the theater, there was a crowd for a costume contest....an INDIANA JONES costume contest. Lacking a costume, my friends talked me into trying to get them to let me enter based on my skill ( at the time) with the whip. On the line : two ticket to Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom......
Well, the guy running the contest said that if I WAS any good, then I should be able to split a soda can in two.
Well, I won those tickets.
Never got to use them though, as I moved back to Longview before the movie came there.
So my parents took me to a double feature with ( of all things!) GHOSTBUSTERS!!
The end....thanks for reading!!
Indiana Jimmie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: