A couple of suggestions

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on September 07, 2000 at 12:55:33:

In Reply to: My Raiders Wested body length posted by Lavardac on September 07, 2000 at 01:29:45:

: Well, I checked the length of my jacket according to Patterson's instructions, and it appears that it is a bit too long. It covers half of my butt when unzipped. After closing the zipper and pulling the straps really tight, the desired length is achieved, but if I understand correctly, that's how long it should be when "open". Should I have it shortened? I know that someone did it to his LC Wested. Any suggestions?
: Cheers,
: Lavardac

If it's lambskin, don't get into to big a hurry, as the lambskin will start to shape itself to you with use and will eventually end up at the correct length, believe it or not. If it's cowhide, well, that's another problem all together. To quote a character from the old BBC comedy "Are You Being Served", they said "just give it time, it should ride up with wear!" (grins) Since your jacket is brand new, and you're located closer to Wested than we are, you may want to consider returning it to Peter with your request to shorten the length. You'll have to give this some thought, though, as if you're going to return it, DON'T WEAR IT NOW! Put it back in the original bag and wait for Peter's reply. If you're going to give it a chance as it is, start wearing it and allow it to settle on your shape before jumping into making changes. These jackets don't take long to adjust to you, so you may want to give it a chance first. Once it seems to have shaped itself as much as it can, then take another look and decide if it need shortening. Find a reputable tailor who works in leather and talk to them as to what would be involved in these changes. Personally I think that eventually it will adjust itself, or at least that's been my experience with them. Hope this gives you a little food for thought. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]