Not really, only information received

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on September 07, 2000 at 15:36:05:

In Reply to: A change in opinion about the jackets? posted by Harrison on September 07, 2000 at 15:23:44:

: In this forum it used to be that very often you would read rave reviews about the quality and authenticity of the wested jacket.As of late many of the members in the forum seem to have made a complete 360 in terms of their opinion of the jacket. Infact, now it seems that thye uswings jacket is reccomended before the wested. This is fine, I fault no one who has changed their opinions, but I was curious why the Wested jacket is not as acclaimed as it once was. Any thoughts would be great.

Well, things change as time goes along, and you continue to learn. The main problem we've seen lately is that apparently the Wested is indeed the original, but the jacket that is being sent to us just isn't the original pattern. A lot of items were left off of the current production that were on the original. I'm not faulting Wested at all for this, as it would be very expensive to completely recreate the original as worn by Ford. The problem is that the details were overlooked, and the jackets are being represented as being exactly what was worn, and that is just not the case. The second problem that has reared it's ugly head is delivery time. There seemed to be a good set time before last Christmas of around 3 weeks, but once that flu epidemic hit England, all bets were off and we were hearing of jackets either being held up to 2 months, or being completely lost. Personally I have still not heard of a set time that you can count on your jacket to be made and shipped after payment. If you're referring to my reply to the posting below where I mention the US Wings, please read it again. I said based on HIS requirements, those were my recommendations....distressed leather, quick delivery, not have to be exact...US Wings hits that with both feet, and the price is comparable, or if the right model is chosen, can beat the Wested price. With the new "fan jacket" just around the corner, the absolute rabid Indy fan will be able to be totally satisfied with receiving a jacket that is patterned directly from the only known Indy Raiders jacket in captivity, but let's not forget that there are a lot of us that just aren't into that end of the hobby...we want what is solid, captures the spirit of the Indy character, and is a solid piece of merchandise. Now a days, there is more than just Wested out there. Like I said at the beginning, you learn something new all the time, and things seem to constantly evolve. Stay tuned. We may come to another bend in the road this time tomorrow. (grins) Hope this helps. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]