What's up with Lucas?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Eastwood from 1Cust55.tnt1.sjc4.da.uu.net on September 07, 2000 at 20:18:42:

Ok, first off let me say that Episode 1 was totally unecessary and that Episode 2 will be just as bad since they are not taking Jar Jar out.Lucas has been giving us everything BUT what we want. Lucas could have made Episode 1 in five years and would've had a bigger impact because technology gets better and better. Young Indiana Jones was painfully stupid because.. Indy was all about action and the young Indy had around 20 episodes and it didn't come close to the impact that the three films had.Indy is a rugged and vulnerable character but Sean Patrick Flannery was a pansy. Also, River Phoenix was 19 when LC was made but the character was 13.Hmmm.Personally, if Lucas wants to make Indy 4, why doesn't he do it in between Episodes 2 and 3 like he did with 5 and 6? Harrison, Steven, and George all have to be involved with Indy 4 otherwise it'll be stupid. Now, someone said that Ralph Fiennes would do a good job as Indy but,did anyone see the last time he played a hero in The Avengers? It's like politics. If someone's running for re- election and they were good, why would u want to put your trust in an inexperienced new candidate when u know the one running for re-election is a sure deal?Harrison wouldn't be as old in the movie as he is in real life. They'd make him around 45. If you don't believe me, look at the eight years between Raiders and Crusade. They're made eight years apart however, Indy aged two years.If they wait tooo long, they shouldn't do it. If they decide to lose any of the trio that brought Indy to life, don't bother making it. I wouldn't pay five bucks for that when I could see crap on someone's front lawn for free.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]