Re: Thank you for your work

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.91 on September 08, 2000 at 12:20:23:

In Reply to: Thank you for your work posted by Gregg on September 07, 2000 at 20:44:30:

: Thank you (all four of you) for your painstaking work. Like others, justifying a new $500 jacket will take time and/or an alcohol-induced rationale. At least it's available, should Peter ever stop production. Question: you were going to follow-up on whether they would add leather facings, and what the approximate costs would be, have you heard anything? The additional customization costs + shipping will probably put off a few people. Hopefully not before FlightSuits ever gives up and calls that line 'quits.' I wish you guys were at least getting yours free for all the work you've done. Did you guys handle lambskin or goatskin? How similar were they in form & flexibility? Thanks for your time and effort
: Gregg

The quality and construction actually left me not needing the facings on the zipper - and actually, these would be not be authentic. The zipper is long enough on the Flight Suit jacket so that the lining is not subjected to the abuse you get with the Wested. Peter uses a zipper that is too short. The Lining on the Flight Suits is tough stuff.

When we went over why the price was high, the people there laid it out how they are going to do this jacket - only the best materials are going in. Brody's comparison of watches was a good one. Really, looking at the Wested sitting next to the Flight Suits was an eye-opener. I'm really trying not to slam Peter, but it just looked pathetic. Timex vs. Rolex? I'm working on what I see the analogy to be.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: