Re: Saw your post above re: pre-distressed, a few questions....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on September 08, 2000 at 12:42:29:

In Reply to: Saw your post above re: pre-distressed, a few questions.... posted by Michigan Smith on September 08, 2000 at 12:21:11:

: I take from your post above you are not entirely pleased with the finish appearance of the pre-distressed hide. Does the "uniform" wear appearance come from the fact that the leather is "distressed" prior to the the jacket parts being cut and sewn. How about the weight of the leather.
: The lambskin is not as heavy as I would have liked, I like a heavy leather (like my police motorcycle jacket made by Taylor Leather). Perhaps I should consider getting the new finish hide jacket. I definitely don't want the predistressed if its going to be "high maintenance".

If you're referring to my posting, yes, the pre-distressed can be high maintenance if you're attempting to keep it looking good. But like I said in a post higher up today, bluntly put, you're attempting to restore the jacket to the condition it was BEFORE it was distressed. Why order one in the first place? I have never understood ordering a pre-worn out item, only to work so hard to attempt to restore. I own one only because I traded for it. I did not purchase or order it this way. Oh well. The cowhide is VERY heavy in weight, so you're right on the mark in the motorcycle jacket comparison. You'll be happy with this jacket weight, I assure you. Mine is almost to heavy to wear, except in a bad winter storm, and man is it perfect for that! Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]