My wife is in the same mood as well...(nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.91 on September 08, 2000 at 13:14:23:

In Reply to: Re: Flight Suits is ready to take orders for the new jacket! posted by Kenal0 on September 07, 2000 at 20:53:29:

: : Brody and I met with them this morning to cover the last details of the new jacket. Every detail has been nailed down, checked-out, and they are ready to begin taking orders. Now the details:

: : First of all, the lambskin version is going to be more expensive then we had anticipated, but hold tight, don’t freak-out, and listen calmly to what you get. The base price on the lambskin will be $428, with an additional $30 for sizes over 48. Honestly, I was a bit let down when I heard the price - I think I heard a slight groan from my wallet. But after looking at what you get, I think you’ll it is money well spent.

: : What do you get? Aside form the only jacket out there built to match the detail from an original Raiders jacket actually used in the movie? Well, you get a jacket that uses mil-spec materials, computer maintained patterns to insure consistent sizing and proportions, and the finest lambskin I’ve ever seen - except for a little $900-job my wife has been eyeing at Nordstrom’s for the last few weeks. Seriously, we laid the Flight Suit jacket side by side with the Wested lambskin Brody brought along. If the Wested is worth $250, then the Flight Suit is easily worth every cent of $500.

: : And get this – if you don’t like your jacket, you get 6 months to wear it. If you still don’t think you’ve received your money’s worth, return it for an exchange or a full refund of your purchase price. Custom orders are exchange only, I believe – verify that with Flight Suits. Who else is going to do that for you?

: : Custom sizing is available, but again you’ll need to get the cost of that from them. Pricing and availability on the horsehide version has not been set.

: : There – that’s it! Hey, Michaelson and Brody – what are we going to’ tackle next? Hey, maybe a reproduction of the Raiders’ revolver? Hmmmm.

: : Cheers!

: : Patterson

: The price is right in line with what I have paid for my best A-2s.
: I have purchased cheaper A-2 jackets but ended up being disappointed
: with them so the way I look at it is that its a pretty steep investment but it will probably be the last one you buy. I know people who have purchased jackets from Flight Suits and they have had nothing but good things to say about both the quality and service. If they make these jackets the way they make the military jackets I think
: you will find there is an attention to detail that is not in the less expensive jackets ie. 8-10 stitches per inch, talon zips. It may sound expensive but it is the price you pay for the attention to details in any good leather jacket. Check out Lostworldsinc.com,
: Aeroleatherclothing.com or Historypreservation.com . These are all manufacturers of top quality leather military jackets. You won't find one less than $500.00. All of three of them make reproductions just as FS is doing, by copying every last detail. My wife is going to kill me!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]