The collar and flaps...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.91 on September 08, 2000 at 13:46:23:

In Reply to: Acetone on leather. posted by Cueball on September 08, 2000 at 13:38:30:

: : I'm actually sitting here (supposed to be working) wearing my predistressed Wested LC that Peter also forgot to put the snaps on the storm flap! I love this jacket - it is my favorite of all the Wested's that have passed through my hands. I would have recommended the Pecards treatments right off the bat as well - it will help the jacket hold its color quite well. Mine just getts better with age.

: : Peter did at one point send me the snaps, and I decided I liked it better without, as well.

: : Cotton or satin?

: : Anyway, wear it well.

: : Oh, on the acetone stuff? I bounced that idea off the folks at Flight Suits yesterday, and they cringed! It will fry the fibers in the leather. Remember - the film folks don't care how long the jacket lasts, and I think you probably do.

: : Cheers!

: : Patterson

:
: Yes, I posted something below about acetone probably shortening the life of a jacket--an issue filmmakers care nothing about.

: I'm pretty happy with this second Wested, but MAN are those collar flaps huge. I know they were supposed to be bigger than the "Raiders" but MAN are they big. Thanks for the input.

: Cueball

Yes, that is the only thing that buggs me about this jacket. Not the size really, but the right hand side of the collar doesn't lay flat - I'm always tugging at it trying to get it to sit right. The size only makes it more conspicuous.

Stick with the Pecards though. What kind of climate do you live in? That will affect how often you need to treat.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: