Re: Who wants a Four Leafed Clover Zippo?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Barry Saip from spc-isp-van-uas-20-42.sprint.ca on August 10, 1998 at 15:35:09:

In Reply to: Who wants a Four Leafed Clover Zippo? posted by Indy Magnoli on July 08, 1998 at 11:17:24:

I'd be interested.. the Canadian Connection.

: Although I once sold hand painted Zippos through my prop department (http://www.indyfan.com/xmarks/pita.html) it soon became to time consuming and non-profitable. I've received countless requests to bring them back, but I may have a better solution.

: Zippo will custom make a lighter to any specs. The only problem is you need a minimum quantity of fifty lighters. My company can work out the details, but if I can get a big enough reply from the all of you, I can have Zippo produce the Four Leafed Clover design for us. They have a few different methods of imprinting. The one best suited for our design is probably the Surface Imprint. The use a durable epoxy paint applied through a silk screening process. They use this process on many of their styles and is, therefore, very durable.

: If I get a big enough response I can have them make a demo for me and I could post pictures on the forum for those who are still undecided. E-mail me if you're interested and give me a status of your interest (let me know if you'll definitely buy one, would like to wait for the prototype photos, etc.). I'm not sure of the cost but it'll most likely be between $30 and $40. I will be making no money on this... I just want one like everyone else. If we do decide to do this, I can pay for the extras but I'd prefer to have some of the money ahead of time to make the initial payment to Zippo.

: E-mail me if you're interested: indy@unm.edu

: A fellow fan,
: Indy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: