Re: HE2 .455

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jas from c806767-a.plano1.tx.home.com on September 09, 2000 at 00:20:45:

In Reply to: Pecards, Westeds, leather, guns and other manly stuff (sorry, no sock monkeys)... posted by Cueball on September 08, 2000 at 10:53:55:

Would you mind posting where you found the HE2 and how much you paid for it? I've been looking for one for a while on various auction sites with no luck. Feel free to email me at jrpeattie@yahoo.com if you don't want to post the info.

Thanks.

: Is that to keep the color right AND to maintain the "health" of the hide, ir is it one or the other (or something I'm missing)? My lambskin "Raiders" is low maintenance by comparison.
: Also, will the cowhide stretch a little (it's just a little too tight in the chest and shoulders)? I don't remember if the lambskin was tight when new, or maybe it stretched from wearing it so much.
: Also, I plan to get a fan jacket one of these days, but I'm tapped out for the moment. (Just found a Smith & Wesson HE2 in .455)
: Anyway, thanks for the response and your efforts on behalf of the new fan jacket. I hope you guys don't feel unappreciated that the price is higher than expected, therefore the interest might not be as keen as it could've been. It may take some time to build up the interest level (and bank accounts).

: Cueball

: : You'll find that once your jacket finally "stabalizes" (sp?) with the dressing application, you'll have to do it every 3 months or so, depending on where you live, humidity, heat, etc. It's a never ending project. I know I do mine. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]