FAO Patterson et al: Regarding the accuracy of the new jacket - is the target of its accuracy relevant to us?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Satipo from spider-tf013.proxy.aol.com on September 09, 2000 at 14:40:55:

As much as I am trying to embrace the new jacket as the most accurate Raiders jacket out there (I am one of the few of us who still doesn't own an Indy jacket, but I want to make sure I get the right one when I do get one), I still have a problem about its accuracy. Rather, it is regarding the target of its accuracy.

Patterson, you and others seem pretty sure that the pattern is taken from an original Raiders jacket, but not necessarily from one that was worn by Harrison Ford. Now, considering it is apparent that there are slight differences to be found between jackets used in the film in different scenes, if the pattern of the new jacket is based on a stuntman's jacket, then how accurate is it going to be to any of the ones worn by Harrison Ford? Isn't it possible that this jacket differed to all of Harrison Ford's jackets, with perhaps less attention being given to its manufacture because it was assumed it would never be seen very clearly in the film. Surely, due to the disposable nature of the stuntman costumes and the need for quick mass production of them, it is likely that less attention to detail is given to a stuntman's jacket than that worn by the leading man.

If this is the case, then surely, at best, the new jacket is only an accurate reproduction of one that is seen only briefly in the film and is not necessarily an accurate reproduction of the one which we all really want, i.e. the one seen on Harrison Ford. In which case, is it really any more accurate than the Wested offering?

Please put my feverish mind to rest,

Satipo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: