I confess...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aaron from usr4-modem145.runestone.net on September 10, 2000 at 00:20:51:

In Reply to: Temple of Doom posted by Indiana Eastwood on September 09, 2000 at 23:14:58:

Well, I avoided the Raiders face-melting like the plague when I was a youngster, often to the point of refusing to watch the entire film just because of the thought of those few seconds. My dad once convinced me that he was watching Temple of Doom--"the roller coaster one"--when in fact it was Raiders, and I sat down next to him thinking I'd get to relive my beloved rope-bridge sequence. In a matter of minutes the face-melting began, and I ran from the room screaming for my life. Needless to say, it was not exactly a bonding moment between me and the old man. :)

As a young lad, Last Crusade was the only film of the trilogy I was old enough to see in a theater [and when opening night sold out before dad and I could get our tickets, I balled, I must say :) ]. For years after--though I did not avoid this installment as I had Raiders--throughout my hundreds of viewings of the video, I probably had my eyes open during Donovan's aging for only a handfull of those viewings.

Apparently, only the deformation of heads scared me as a boy, because none of the other "gross out" sequences in the trilogy ever got to me. Surprisingly, Temple of Doom seemed to be the easiest to stomach out of them all!

Aaron says "Shut up, so I balled--I was tiny!" Aaron also can't believe he ever refused to watch Raiders. Finally, Aaron can't believe he took place in a poll! Yuck!

Oh, and not counting the movies, my stomach also squirmed when I saw the price tag on that new fan jacket...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]