Flight Suits Indy Clearance, Confusion, Craziness...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aaron from usr4-modem145.runestone.net on September 10, 2000 at 00:58:25:

Take a look at this--

Scroll down on this clearance page [the one linked below] at flightsuits.com to the product entitled "Indy."

It says:

Indy
40R
Lambskin
Dark Brown
Indy Jones archeological jacket.
Leather collar, cuffs, & waistband.
Adjustable waist tabs.
Reg. $298
Now $199

Note that it is not their highly inaccurate "Raider" jacket, because there is one of those on the clearance page as well and it is displayed under a different title. Plus, that title links to the Raider jacket page, whereas the "Indy" is just text.

Patterson/Brody/Michaelson, is this the prototype that was being passed around a week ago?

That's all the investigating I'm gonna do--the jacket wont fit me in the first place! Anyone who can fit into this thing may want to get into contact with Flight Suits and ask them directly.

The price is certainly right when placed next to a Wested or the upcoming [supergasp] $429 Flight Suits Indy line.

Good luck to all of you broke 40R gear collectors! :)

Oh, and if this is the prototype that we have seen pics of on this forum, keep in mind that there was one stitch missing, and a zipper that was too short on that particular jacket. Not that these things inhibited use [that's not the vibe I got from Patterson's descriptions], just that it brings down the accuracy of the jacket a tiny bit.

Anyone who pursues this, keep us posted!

Aaron

fin

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: