Just goes to show you....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark from 1Cust5.tnt1.broken-arrow.ok.da.uu.net on September 10, 2000 at 21:58:56:

In Reply to: Flight Suits Indy Clearance, Confusion, Craziness... posted by Aaron on September 10, 2000 at 00:58:25:

: Take a look at this--

: Scroll down on this clearance page [the one linked below] at flightsuits.com to the product entitled "Indy."

: It says:

: 332
: Indy
: 40R
: Lambskin
: Dark Brown
: Indy Jones archeological jacket.
: Leather collar, cuffs, & waistband.
: Adjustable waist tabs.
: Reg. $298
: Now $199

: Note that it is not their highly inaccurate "Raider" jacket, because there is one of those on the clearance page as well and it is displayed under a different title. Plus, that title links to the Raider jacket page, whereas the "Indy" is just text.

: Patterson/Brody/Michaelson, is this the prototype that was being passed around a week ago?

: That's all the investigating I'm gonna do--the jacket wont fit me in the first place! Anyone who can fit into this thing may want to get into contact with Flight Suits and ask them directly.

: The price is certainly right when placed next to a Wested or the upcoming [supergasp] $429 Flight Suits Indy line.

: Good luck to all of you broke 40R gear collectors! :)

: Oh, and if this is the prototype that we have seen pics of on this forum, keep in mind that there was one stitch missing, and a zipper that was too short on that particular jacket. Not that these things inhibited use [that's not the vibe I got from Patterson's descriptions], just that it brings down the accuracy of the jacket a tiny bit.

: Anyone who pursues this, keep us posted!

: Aaron

: fin

Just goes to show you that they could easily afford to sell these new jackets for $200. The additional $200+ that they tacked onto the price is because they're selling to fans who will spare no expense to get what they want.

Mark

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]