To answer my own question:

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aaron from usr1-modem179.runestone.net on September 11, 2000 at 00:04:39:

In Reply to: Trilogy Video CDs... posted by Aaron on September 10, 2000 at 21:57:04:

Since posting this, I've been scouring the net for info on VCD and these specific VCD titles. I've found that:

A] Due to the nature of VCDs, everything is on the same "track," and therefore the subtitles are unremovable. However,

B] The subtitles on the Indy VCDs follow the recent widescreen trend of being positioned underneath the frame, in the bottom "black bar." Therefore, [and I know we are all a bunch of perfectionists] we don't miss a single pixel of the film behind any subtitles.

And there you have it. Oh, and for those of you that are wondering about the picture quality of VCD: the quality is often described as "VHS or better," but never compares to DVD. Seeing as how the Indy VCDs have had a very limited release, I would assume the quality is on the poorer side [i.e. many people may just want to spend less--in some cases--and get the equal-in-quality-plus-more-features-included VHS trilogy]. The only argument against VHS in this case is that VCD has no rewind, and will last forever [unless someone tries to give their CD a "distressed" look].

Happy [insert verb]ing!

Aaron finds out more by talking to himself than to anyone else.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]