Re: Trilogy Video CDs...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jimmie from 1Cust167.tnt3.beaverton.or.da.uu.net on September 11, 2000 at 02:50:57:

In Reply to: Trilogy Video CDs... posted by Aaron on September 10, 2000 at 21:57:04:

I agree with everything Adam says below....
I own all three movies on VCD ( so I can play them AT WORK - hehehe ), and the quality leaves ALOT to be desired...even when playing them on my DVD player. Fortunately I got them CHEAP, and only cos I wanted something to do at work on the long stretches when there IS no work....and Aaron - the subtitles ARE in the black bar at the bottom...
I have actually become somewhat of a convert, however, as there are many movies available on VCD that I would not be otherwise able to find - in ANY medium - here in the states.
As for the different versions....I had a problem with disk one of Raiders for a bit, so I ordered another from a different guy...and even though the packaging is different, it was still the same MPEG file used for both versions, from two seperate countries.I eventually solved the problem, as it was simply a bad file.....but man, it IS a blast knowing I can watch them anytime, anywhere ( if I have the ol' laptop with me )....I watched Last Crusade on a plane trip not too long ago, as an example.....
It really comes down to preference.....They ARE NOT worth the 30 or more bucks some of these guys are charging on Ebay....they are out there for much cheaper.
I'm still gonna buy the DVD's.....

LAter,
Indiana Jimmie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: