Re: Am I the only one angry?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Thuggee Bear from host-216-78-23-74.cae.bellsouth.net on September 11, 2000 at 15:38:43:

In Reply to: Am I the only one angry? posted by Micah on September 11, 2000 at 11:40:00:

I think it was a huge over-estimation by the studio to depend so heavily on Young Indy with a promotional campaign like that, BUT STILL- this is very bad business. What's truly frightening is that, with this kind of thinking, they might actually pull the plug on other Indy activity! I hardly think that a poor showing by Young Indy should be allowed to determine public interest in the series.

There is absolutely no reason why the Indy series couldn't be released on DVD this year. It's not like Paramount would be including any extras on them, despite our hopes. At best, it would probably be about as extra-filled as the Star Trek DVD's (ie. a trailer), and of course, something about Episode II.

Were they really expecting the public to buy every episode of a show that never even found its audience? Very poor business all around. Hell, they didn't even use Harrison Ford's likeness to promote the one episode of Young Indy that he WAS in!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]