The sales receipt was dated 1984...(nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.91 on September 11, 2000 at 17:01:40:

In Reply to: Reply from the very kind owner of the jacket I examined... posted by Patterson on September 11, 2000 at 16:47:42:

: I was more then happy with the audit trail presented to me with respect to the authenticity of this particular jacket, in the form of the dated and apparently authentic property tags. Ok, I used to be an auditor. The owners' heirs were not able to locate the actual sales receipt at the time, but have since sold the jacket privately. I had requested any additional detail they might have, and they were kind enough to send me this response today:

: "The sales receipt and item description were located and provided as a condition of the final sale of the jacket. The item description read "An original kid leather jacket as worn by Harrison Ford in the 1981 production of Raiders of the Lost Ark. The jacket has been purposely aged for the movie, and includes damage actually incurred in filming the movie...” The purchase price paid by my father was $5,500."

: There you have it. There has been a lot of discussion about whether Ford may have actually worn this jacket. The only wiggle room I see is the word "as", or the possibility that the description was plain wrong or fraudulent. Given the sale price, I'm satisfied

: If this isn't enough for you, then don't buy the jacket. Believe it or not, I’m tired of all this…

: Cheers!

: Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: