Re: Reply from the very kind owner of the jacket I examined...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.91 on September 12, 2000 at 11:17:47:

In Reply to: Re: Reply from the very kind owner of the jacket I examined... posted by DeWayne on September 11, 2000 at 22:41:08:

: Did you happen to take any pictures of this jacket? If you did I'm sure many of us would love to see them!
: See ya! DeWayneAt the time I was allowed to examine the jacket, there were quite a few ground rules. No video, no pictures, no names. I do want to find an owner of an original that will allow pictures, but again I had to respect these peoples privacy. For all they knew I was some kind of kook - well, maybe I am? I do have feelers out trying to track down another jacket. Word is that there are a few floating around Los Angeles. Keep your fingers crossed.

The examination was as a favor to a friend of a friend of a friend... You get the picture? I was not allowed to actually touch - they would take whatever measurements I asked for as long as the jacket could take it. I made diagrams and took lots of notes.

The jacket was in a very delicate condition. It had been wrapped in plastic for 10 years, so it was as hard as a rock. Since the examination, they contracted to have it restored. The folks at Flight Suits even offered to help with this. Heck - a few tubs of Pecards and a little TLC and an intrepid Indy fan could have made a quick $1,000+.

Anyway - I took what I could get. What I got brought the observations we had made of the movie footage come full circle. We kept coming up with contradictions when looking at the footage. We were to the point where we were convinced that there must have been two jackets. Looking at the real thing brought all the pieces together, and they all made sense.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: