A local, guilty pleasure!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0273.cvx21-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on September 12, 2000 at 13:01:09:

In Reply to: Oh, I'm sure it was harmless tobacco! posted by graml on September 12, 2000 at 07:29:18:

: :) Yeah, I remember not understanding what he was doing the first time I saw Raiders. Eventually I found out he was smokin' the hooka and wondered whether or not there was tobacco or something slightly more exotic inside. Your point about Belloq being high when he talked of speaking to God is a good one; I'd never considered that. In keeping with a nice Eastern tradition, Cairo is still full of these pipes at bars and coffee houses and offer all sorts of specialty tobacco. As well as other substances, I'm sure...
: -graml

There is a Middle Eastern restaurant around the corner from where I live. There are always exotic looking people hanging on a patio. They look like they could be straight out of the scenes of an Indy movie (Indy reference 1). Usually, I see some guys (and women, too!), who smoke a huge hookah! On Wednesday nights there is belly dancing! One fine evening, I will put on my gear (Indy reference 2) and I'll go there and get myself some absynth! I expect that some kind of brawl will ensue (Indy reference 3)... :p
FG
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: