Re: What's YOUR favorite scene?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weasel from 209.4.104.193 on August 12, 1998 at 12:13:01:

In Reply to: What's YOUR favorite scene? posted by Tommy K on August 07, 1998 at 20:46:12:

: Occasionally in movies (Indy's or not), there are scene where the actions and music and the whole shebang just stir me up and sometimes I break out into goosepimples, like during Draco's magnificent exit in "Dragonheart." With regards to Indy movies, the one that stirs me up the most is in "Last Crusade" when Indy pulls himself up from the tank after just missing the outcropping of rock, just after the driver is shot; remember that? Sheer determination in his eyes. Anyway, any scenes in which YOU feel this sensation? Even if not, what's YOUR favorite scene?

For me it just doesn't get any better than Raiders. The others are definitely good, but let's face it: The truck chase nails it. After Indy commandeers the truck, the side-car mortorcyle tries to come around the side. He sees them in the mirror, waits until the perfect time, and runs them off the road. Normally no big deal, except for the ever-so-slight grin on his face as he swerves the truck into them, then looks in the mirror as they go flipping into the water.

Also the revenge Indy takes upon the Nazi who throws him over the hood is awesome, right down to the Nazi's feet and arms coming up in the air as the tires roll over his midsection. It does a great job of showing that not just every average Joe could hang on to the front of a moving truck and get away with it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]