Is your wested a LC version?...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Nathan H. from proxy-511.public.rwc.webtv.net on September 12, 2000 at 20:11:38:

In Reply to: Got the Flight Suits Prototype jacket today. posted by Kenal0 on September 12, 2000 at 19:23:29:

: Just got the FS jacket today. It is a very well made jacket as is the
: Wested. It is difficult to compare the jackets as my Wested was a distresed version. I immediately started the Pecards treatment to darken it along with some very fine sandpaper on the seams. It is definitely a thicker hide than the FS and looks more like a jacket Indy would wear. The FS lambskin is very soft like the expensive designer leather jackets found in Neiman Marcus. It feels like glove leather.
: It is also very lightweight compared to the Wested. The collar is smaller and the overall fit is a little trimmer. It almost feels like when I wear a flannel shirt untucked and unbuttoned as opposed to a jacket. I would have to say due to the condition of my Wested that the jacket itself looks more like Indys right now but the FS fits more like Indys does. I like the underarm gussets as they give you more maneuverability. (My wife who went to fashion design school says that movie clothes are always made with those types of things added so they have room to move. ie dancing, running, action adventure.)
: For some reason I don't think I could take Acetone or sandpaper to this jacket as I never could to my A-2 jackets either. This will have to be broken in the old fashioned way called wear and tear. I will ball it up and sit on it to give it a head start. I won't hang it up for a while but I will not outright abuse it either. If you don't want to take the time to break in a new jacket then your choice is the Wested. If you are looking for a new one, can afford it and don't want to wait very long for a jacket(me!) then I would suggest giving FS a try. It you need an alteration you usually can get it done from FS pretty quick. The prototype fit me like a glove which is how soft the leather is. I think the designers of this jacket deserve a pat on the back for taking the time to study and design a reproduction with this level of quality and authenticity. Nice job guys. By the way I am keeping both of them. It will also be tough to decide which one to wear every day . (Got a few nice A-2s that need some wear time also.)
: Oh well life is rough.

And do you think this jackets construction and materials merits the price tag??

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]