Yet Another Ford Quote About Indy 4

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Thuggee Bear from host-216-78-21-157.cae.bellsouth.net on September 13, 2000 at 10:50:50:

Worth noting as he mentions Connery.

Harrison Ford Talks 'Indiana Jones 4'
Wednesday, September 13, 2000 6:10 CDT
Harrison Ford told Popcorn that he's not too old to play Indiana Jones in the 4th installment of the series. The 58-year-old said he'd love to return to the franchise in the very near future. "I'd be very happy to play Indiana Jones if we can get a script we can all agree on and make a film that is at least as good as the ones we've made before," Ford states. "Steven [Spielberg] is enthusiastic, I'm enthusiastic, even [George] Lucas is enthusiastic. And you may know that M Night Shyamalan is anxious to write the script. "I hope the deal can be made," Ford adds, "and I would hope to do it in the next couple of years."

Ford first played the Indiana Jones character when he was 39, and he thinks it would be good for the new script to reflect his maturing years. "I think it would be interesting to follow him through a period of time," Ford believes. As for his advancing years, Ford denies that he'll struggle to play the archeological action hero: "I think I am as capable now of faking it as I was 20 years ago," he smiles, before mischievously adding, "I do hope that Sean [Connery] can keep up."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]