Re: Tailoring results

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by California Smith from 209.37.101.110 on September 13, 2000 at 10:59:04:

In Reply to: Re: Tailoring results posted by Michigan Smith on September 12, 2000 at 22:14:59:

: Details, if you could, on how its is done. I'm not any sort of sewing afficiando, so laymans terms would be appreciated. Do they open seams and redo them or what?

My chest measurement is 44" and my waist is about 34-35" as I lift weights/exercise. My Wested is a 46 and is just right acrossthe chest, but I can deal with that. The problem with most stuff off the rack, including the Wested, is that they do not factor in the "athletic" build, so I get stuck with a lot of stuff that is fine across the chest and shoulders and way too baggy in the waist.

The seamstress is going to go along either side next to the pleat, toward the front of the jacket. Basically the first seam past the pocket. What she is doing is going from just below the chest and down to the bottom of the jacket, taking about an inch from either side of that front seam as it gets down to the bottom. She is going to be carefull NOT to take away the room in the chest.I believe she is going to taper it down. She is going to be carefull not to take to much, because I don't want this to be a skin-tight sort of thing. I just want the waist not to be all bagged up when I zip it up. If you watch Raiders, you will notice that he has the side straps adjusted in, but not by a whole lot. That is what I am looking for. I should have it this weekend, and will post how it came out.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]