The FINAL WORD on the guy that gets impaled in the Temple of the Chachopayan Warriors (not Forrestal)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by IndyCrusader from AC98AC00.ipt.aol.com on September 13, 2000 at 16:10:24:

In Reply to: What does Indy REALLY call Satipo(Sapito)? posted by Indiana Shorty on September 12, 2000 at 17:23:11:

: Nope,its not Satipo,OR Sapito,i think someone knows the answer...(other than me that is!).

I am Cuban and fluent in Spanish. "Stupido" is NOT Spanish for "stupid." The correct word is "estúpido." Indy DOES NOT SAY THIS! So, you've got him saying "Satipo" or "Sapito." I lean towards "Sapito" for two reasons: It sounds to me like what Indy says, and it means "little frog" in Spanish. It is not common for Spanish-speaking parents to name their children after amphibians, so I guess it's a nickname. The fact remains that "Sapito" has *some* meaning, whereas "Satipo" has *none*. One may ask, "Well, what does "Harrison" mean, then? Still, I feel that based on the scant evidence and my gut feeling, Indy said "Sapito," but messed it up with his American accent. (BTW, for all you Young Indy fans... Indy's supposed to be able to speak like 33 languages almost perfectly... yet feature-film Indy speaks a few words of Spanish, German, and Hindi, with a heavy American accent. This is an example of Lucas taking things a little too far...)

--Aramis

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]