Re: I don't think so.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dirk Pitt from spider-to068.proxy.aol.com on September 14, 2000 at 16:05:17:

In Reply to: Stutmen and the new jacket... posted by Nathan H. on September 14, 2000 at 15:36:28:

Look, if these "more flexible and manuverable [sic]" features were so necessary to the performance of stunts they would have been included in the Temple and Crusade jackets. They weren't. So, my smug little friend, your argument doesn't hold water.

Until I'm convinced otherwise, I'll stick with the theory that the stuntmen jackets may just have been early prototype jackets. As someone else suggested, the studio may have had stuntmen use these scrap jackets during less visible shots and/or in cases where the jacket was not going to survive the scene, e.g., when dragged under a truck.

-- Dirk, proud Wested owner

: All of this nonsense about the new jacket being based on a jacket maybe worn by a stuntman is stupid. I think some of you are forgetting that Ford did about 80% of his OWN stunts anyway. One could make the argument/assumption that if the studio were going to make a jacket more flexible and manuverable for the stuntmen, they would also make them for the star, whom they knew perfectly well would be doing most of his own stunts. Just a thought.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]