Actually, Ford was dragged behind the truck - see "The Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark" (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.91 on September 14, 2000 at 16:57:26:

In Reply to: Re: Stuntmen and the new jacket... posted by Micah on September 14, 2000 at 16:30:46:

: : All of this nonsense about the new jacket being based on a jacket maybe worn by a stuntman is stupid. I think some of you are forgetting that Ford did about 80% of his OWN stunts anyway. One could make the argument/assumption that if the studio were going to make a jacket more flexible and manuverable for the stuntmen, they would also make them for the star, whom they knew perfectly well would be doing most of his own stunts. Just a thought.

: Although I should probably just let this line of argument die, I feel the need to respond, since it was probably my reply to Patterson's post that you are speaking to.

: Let's be clear. I am NOT arguing that there exists a stuntman jacket(s). I am saying that none of your arguments prove the nonexistence of a stuntman jacket. There is a huge difference. Just ask the people running SETI.

: Patterson's argument was cost. Yours is that Harrison was essentially a stuntman anyway. Well, Ford wasn't drug behind the truck. In that case, maybe they needed to make the jacket out of tougher material or it needed extra flexibility so the guy could reach over his head with no resistance from the jacket. All you need is one instance, the 20%, if you will, for there to be another guy or a type of stunt that needed a tweaked costume, and you get a different jacket.

: On the other hand, we have no proof that the Bogeyman doesn't exist, but that doesn't stop me from thinking there's no such thing. I just don't like it when people say definitively, that there is no possibility for something to be true, saying its "nonsense" and "the stupidest thing you've ever heard" based on flimsy arguments.

:
: --Micah

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: