Re: David Morgan Co - A big fat fu@&ing rip-off!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kenal0 from d254.focal4.interaccess.com on September 14, 2000 at 18:37:56:

In Reply to: David Morgan Co - A big fat fu@&ing rip-off!! posted by Indiana Jimmie on September 14, 2000 at 18:20:05:

: Hey all...

: I don't know if anyone cares, or if I'll be attacked for slamming the company, but I had to share this with all of you....

: My wife ordered some replacement whip crackers for me last week. She was charged $3.50 for the crackers, and *$6-freakin-bucks!* for postage. Now I understand that "shipping and handling" means some of that $6.00 is applied to the actual shipping cost, while the difference is applied to paying the grunt to stuff them into the mailer box they are sent in.
: HOWEVER, when we rec'd the mailer, the ACTUAL postage was only $.55!!!
: They charged us $5.45 to stick this tiny little bag into the mailer, and have the local mailman pick it up.
: THEN, to add insult to injury, when I called to complain, I was passed on to a supervisor who's basic response was, word-for-word,

: "I will not adjust the shipping charge. You're out of luck with me."

: GRRRR!!!!!

: I calmly (and man was THAT ever difficult!) explained that we were first time customers, and also LAST TIME customers, and would let anyone I could think of know about this, he responded "Well, I'm sure that will help YOUR reputation." and he then hung up on me.

: Now let me clarify my position by saying that, after having owned my own business, customer service is a real pet peave of mine. I may have let it go, and chalked it up to a learning experience if they were NICE about it. But MAN, am I MAD!!

: I'm not calling for a boycot or anything...just a heads up on their shady business practices.

: Thanks for reading all....

: Indiana Jimmie
: "It was my..*looks at crotch*....misunderstanding." - Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

I have ordered from them before have had a small problem but ended up talking directly to David Morgan. I would suggest writing either an email or sending a letter to him. Some people just do not realize that their would not be any JOB without the customers. They are pretty much the people who have never met a payroll in their life and always slam the company they work for. In Illinois a lot of these types work at the Secretary of States Office. I have gotten personal satisfaction in writing the owners of 3 businesses, letters about bad service and all three responded with apologies and some form of token compensation if I would give them one more try. (I was treated like a celebrity at my local Chevy dealer after I sent the owner a copy of the letter I sent to the GM Chairman) I won't argue with the shipping charges as this is pretty much standard practice and I don't think this was a hidden charge but probably the way there system is set up however being treated like S*&# is what really sets me off.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]