Re: No, the hat has the Raiders pinch and his pants belt is brown.There is a promo from LC, but he has the tie on.(nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by indy@cybertours.com from kenn003a-p3-054.cybertours.com on September 14, 2000 at 21:52:15:

In Reply to: No, the hat has the Raiders pinch and his pants belt is brown.There is a promo from LC, but he has the tie on.(nm) posted by Dakota Ellison on September 14, 2000 at 20:30:03:

: : : I found this right here in Indyfan. Actually it's the link to the Harrison Ford picture page. If it doesn't pop up go here:http://members.xoom.com/HFPics/raiders/arc40.jpg

Hi there. Been off the forum for a while but I've been reading about this jacket gusset and adjustment strap stuff. I don't see a gusset in this enlargement, though I know the jacket to have them, but I think that this pic does show that the rings on the side straps are D-shaped and not rectangular. I've owned a Raiders jacket now for probably longer than most anyone on this board. Mine was actually made by Leather Concessionaires-the former name of Wested Leather-about 10 years ago. I have no doubt as to its authenticity and it indeed has underarm gussets. However, it has D-rings on the straps. I have a strong feeling that among the MANY jackets made for the production, including stunt wear, close-ups, etc., there were variations among jackets. Whenever you have a hand-made piece of clothing, made by more than just one person, you will have variations. Equally, when a Theatrical costume supply company runs out of something like d-rings and has to use whatever is in the supply drawer, it is conceivable that rectangular ones could suffice (or vice versa). Find 10 photos of the Indy jacket from the three different movies and you will probably see at least 6 or 7 differences. The point here in this hobby is not to sway others about which one is MOST accurate. Find what you like and stick with it. I happen to like the items made by the original manufacturers. If someone else wants a different company's hat because they personally like the look of it, great. They should do that. However, I was around trying to collect the original costume items back before folks like Noel Howard offered to start making the original pants and shirts from the original patterns, and I know how hard it was to find stuff that was accurate. I hate to think that we could run the risk of having these folks, most of whom have full-time business elsewhere and don't need our money, stop making these things for us. I think we should be thankful to them and not complain so much about authenticity. They are authentic in so far as they are made by the same folks. They may vary in supply-no, the Wested jackets don't come with the same color zippers anymore and maybe some details differ from jacket to jacket, but they are still authentic. If you like another company's jacket, fine, but don't insult Peter's work because you don't think it's authentic. Sorry, I just had to mention this. There are a lot of variations in the costume items. About the only thing that isn't somewhat different in every film is the Alden shoes! Find a pic or two that you like and build your costume off of those and not EVERY pic you see. You will go crazy changing your mind or go broke having one of every style. I promise you that. It happened to me for a while until I realized this.

And hi to Micah, Michaelson, and others who I remember if y'all are still here. I've been a away for a while.

Greg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]