NEVER ORDER REPLACEMENT FALLS/CRACKERS AGAIN!! CHECK THIS OUT, Y'ALL....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Roses4jezabel@aol.com from spider-wk062.proxy.aol.com on September 15, 2000 at 04:00:18:

In Reply to: David Morgan Co - A big fat fu@&ing rip-off!! posted by Indiana Jimmie on September 14, 2000 at 18:20:05:

Go to your local Hobby Lobby or hobby store and get what they call a 'farmer's bundle' of scrap leather. It'll set you back about four bucks. In the bundle you'll find plenty of scraps long enough from which to cut replacement falls.
1. Find a piece 22" or longer. Get a metal straight edge and an exacto knife and cut a strip about 1/4" wide.
2. In one end cut a horizontal slit about 3/4" long, making it resemble the head of a sewing needle. Slip the end of the whip through this hole.
3. Cut a small slit in the other end, put a thin piece of wire through it and feed the wire through the laces at the end of the whip.
4. Grease the bejesus out of the new fall with your favorite leather care product and pull it through.
The fall will be flat rather than round, but the diameter is the important thing. Also, the new fall will be cowhide, making it much more durable. Next got to Walmart (you heard me!!) and pick up a pair of thin, braided nylon dress shoe laces for around 80 cents to replace your cracker. And instead of that fancy knot that Morgan uses (which never holds, by the way) you can tie the cracker through the hole you made for the wire guide. They're long enough to get two crackers per lace, four per pack. With the farmer's bundle you'll likely get about ten falls, at least. Not a bad investment, considering the cost, shipping time and crap Morgan gives you. I've been replacing falls and crackers this way for years and it's yet to let me down.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]