Wested tips.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cueball from tias-gw1.treas.gov on September 15, 2000 at 08:03:43:

In Reply to: Finally time to buy my Wested....Any tips??? posted by Indiana Valdez on September 15, 2000 at 01:38:14:

: I've been struggling to decide which version of the jacket to go for. I figured either Raiders because it's the classic look, or Crusade because from what I've seen of the Crusade predistressed jackets, they've got more of a rugged adventure sort of look. What are all of your experiences with them? Also I was wondering if anyone could tell me the difference between a Raiders and Temple. Thanks!

: -Indy V

I bought the "Raiders" in new-finish lambskin over a year ago and it is fantastic. I recently purchased the pre-distressed cowhide "Last Crusade". Of the two, I think the "Raiders" design is better because the "Last Crusade" has an enormous collar that looks like you've sprouted wings. Also, the pre-distressed cowhide finish is not so much to my liking, and it's heavier--I prefer the lambskin, which will distress from normal wear. If you wear it enough (and you will because you'll love this jacket)it will distress more naturally than the artificial distressing that Wested puts it through. I would also recommend asking for the leather collar lining and the zippered inner pocket--and ask for a second one of those, too.

Regarding the lining, both of mine have the cotton lining because it's supposed to be more durable. It is, however, a pain in the buttocks to slide your arm through the sleeves if you're wearing a long sleeve cotton shirt. I have remedied this by going back to the glorious disco days of the seventies and I now sport around town in polyester floral print shirts with billowy sleeves and all the buttons left undone to show my chest hair. Anybody know where I can buy a pukka shell necklace? I tried www.graml.com but all I saw were naked pictures of William Shatner as Captain James T. Kirk of the Starship Enterprise--AND WITHOUT HIS TOUPEE!! Talk about killing one's appetite.

My experiences and opinions only.

Cueball

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: