Agreed...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.91 on September 15, 2000 at 13:52:23:

In Reply to: New FS ROTLA Jacket Thoughts posted by MF on September 14, 2000 at 22:56:49:

I've said it. Michaelson has said it. Brody has said it. It is all about choice. What's your budget? What do you care about – the maker, the accuracy, the durability? Different flavors for different folks. Nobody's choice is wrong unless it is misinformed.

We share a lot of info on the forum. Some is based on actual observations. Some is based on things that are less reliable, but still reasonable and credible in the absence of actual observation. Some are based on nothing other then emotion, and some of those cross the line into fiction, of which there are lots of iterations. I'd like to stick to things more concrete, and respect what choices are made based on individual tastes.

Hey - I have a lot of jackets for a person who lives in the desert. I've owned a lot more, but have either sold or traded them away for other bits of Indy stuff. How many jackets can you wear, anyway?

I've settled on one of the Wested’s I've had because I love the look, the feel, and generally just how it has broken in. It does have the Indy look from LC, for my tastes at least. I have 2 US Wings jackets - one cow the other roo. Both are terrific, and I'll not give up either one. I can wear the cowhide in colder weather when I need something that can really take abuse. I can wear the roo skin in warmer weather when I need something that can really take abuse. I'm getting a FS jacket (that is supposed to be ready 9/29!). I'm not sure what role that one will play, but I do not imagine I’ll give it up. The only other "need" I might have is for a dressy jacket - maybe the US Wings VIP cowhide or their goatskin? I don't really know, but the point of all this is that for their intended purpose, all are right for me.

Nobody can say I’m wrong for those choices, and I’ll not judge other’s choices they make for themselves. I will, however, challenge statements of ideas and fact that I believe I can either question or repudiate with my own knowledge for the greater understanding of the group. I’ll also offer support where I think I can do so legitimately.

Read posts, ask questions, and provide an accurate answer about what you know, say your speculating when you are, give your opinion and say it is just that. We are in a really great period of time to be Indyfans, at least with respect to the gear.

Hey, I just received my US Wings Lil' Indy goatskin for my son's birthday. This is one cool jacket for a kid! And I can say that because I have it in my hands, how cool is that?

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: