Re: Tapering the Wested...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by California Smith from 209.37.101.116 on September 15, 2000 at 18:25:23:

In Reply to: Tapering the Wested... posted by Patterson on September 15, 2000 at 17:00:42:

: : If anyone read my earlier post, my original Wested was too bulky in the waist. I got a 46" Wested. Problem is my waist is around 34-35", so that when I had the side straps cinched in, it bulged out way too much and just did not hang right. I took it to my local tailor, and she pulled in a couple of inches on either side of the first seam behind the pockets. She tapered down, so that I did not lose any room on the chest.

: : Well, it came out perfect. I am no Harrison Ford, but at least the jacket now hangs on me like it hangs on him. My tailor charged me $50 which is a lot less than the cost of sending it back to England. Not to mention the time it would have taken.

: : Now if it only had gussetts!!!

: I always gave Peter both the chest and waist measurement. I wear a 48 through the chest, but wear a 36 in jeans, so without the taper my Westeds would look like leather dresses! Peter has always taken this and delivered a jacket with the proper fit both high and low, with the proper drape all around. Now if he could just line up the seams? Oh, well...

: Cheers!

: Patterson

I did the first time too. I sent full tailor's measurements and it came back like you described. Oh well, it is perfect now. By the way, just got off the phone with Flight Suits and asked some questions. She is sending me a leather swatch kit. She said to have a made to order jacket would increase the price by about $100, but was going to check to see what tapering the sides only would cost. Very good customer service, I must say!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]