Re: What kind of leather is it? And your opinion of it. (NM)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gabby Jones from user-2inis74.dialup.mindspring.com on September 15, 2000 at 20:01:02:

In Reply to: Re: What kind of leather is it? And your opinion of it. (NM) posted by Kenal0 on September 15, 2000 at 18:50:24:

I couldn't resist calling Flight Suits and asking them about the leather options. I spoke to one of the sales people and she said that eventually they would probably offer to make it in any leather that they have, just as they do now for all their other jackets. At the moment however she said she only had the prices for two leathers: $428 for the lambskin and $528 for the dark brown deerskin. She also offered to send me a sample of the deerskin. She said that once the cutting patterns had been established they would accept modifications of the jacket, but for now they were attempting to get the first orders out. Once they get feedback on how these patterns are wearing on people they will feel better about accepting modifications. This is a different type of jacket than the aviation jackets that they specialize in and they would like to be sure that people are satisfied with the cut of the jacket.

I ordered a jacket from them a year or two ago and their service was remarkable. I went down to their showroom (you have to drive by the old "Top Gun" base)and they measured me and made sure that I had what I wanted. Even to the point of taking me into the factory to choose amongst button types and other choices that they had. Casually draped over one of the sewing stations was a full leather flight suit with a fur collar. The lady explained to me that it was being used as a pattern for a leather flight suit someone had ordered.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]