RAIDERS screening was wild...even if the dinner arrangements were, well... ugh...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by adam from spider-tl011.proxy.aol.com on September 17, 2000 at 02:53:22:

Adam, here, writing from work, about two blocks away from the Egyptian theatre following the RAIDERS screening...

Now, the Hamburgar Hamlet getogether wasn't that fun for me, as I ate alone... What happened was I arrived ten minutes late, and by that time had no idea which of the patrons were also part of our informal gathering!

To make matters worse, some friends of mine were planning to come, but as tickets had sold out several hours in advance, I went alone...

And so, there I was, at the bar, drinking a margarita and vodka, looking around for people... though one guy (more about him later) was donning a familiar looking jacket, I didn't want to be a schmuck and interrupt the guests at the table (how would I introduce myself?)... bummer, as the whole damn thing was my idea, and I felt (and WAS) like a complete dweeb. (This was almost as embarrassing as the time I stepped on the foot of a beautiful girl named Rachael while we danced at our high school prom.) You know, if I HAD worn the damn Indy outfit, people might have recognized me and I would have been able to share the meal... oh well...

By the time I got to the Egyptian, I was REALLY drunk (in fact, I'm in my work office in Hollywood right now, as driving back to Burbank still seems a little beyond me for another half hour or so). A line had already formed, so I stepped in, all by my lonesome, and felt really, really depressed... (Point of trivia so you fellow readers may understand my psyche at the time: I was still fuming over an argument I had had with a former significant other that afternoon, and was already low...) I just wanted to get the hell home, pet my cute little Siamese cat, and go to sleep for 20 hours.

But then, oddly enough, a group of people got in line that I recognized from the restraunt (yup, WESTED JACKET MAN was one of them after all). And so I walked up, introduced myself, and we all began to converse. Talked about Indy...movies...Hollywood...and even this freaking silly web forum... At that moment, everything felt better again...

And then the movie came. The cleanest, best sounding print I've ever seen, and the management gave us the luxury of pumping up the volume at appropriately bombastic levels, just as the film deserves...

A funny thing happened when Bellog first came on screen, as everyone began to HISSSSSS in unison. This would follow throughout the whole movie whenever an evil character walked on screen (even the little monkey!)

And so, in summary, the evenin wasn't perfect... but the movie made up for it... not to mention those kind folks I DID manage to speak with...

You guys know who you are, and thanks...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]