Jacket becoming second skin...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupE66.mpls.uswest.net on September 17, 2000 at 03:13:10:

I remember reading a post from a couple days ago where someone commented on the type of leather that Indy's jacket would've been made of. They doubted it would be lambskin because his jacket'd need to be tough so it would act as a second skin, which makes sense. It got me thinkin' about my own Wested. I got it back in May of '99 and have worn it every chance I had. Sometimes you forget it's even on because it's so light and comfortable, but you definitely know when it's not on because you immediately miss it. So in a way it does act like a second skin. It becomes part of your character almost, people start to associate you with the jacket and vice versa. Recently with the advent of the Flight Suits coat there's been a lot of talk regarding the accuracy of Westeds. I've seen the pictures of the FS coat and it doesn't particularly have "the look" in my opinion. I remember when I first heard about Wested and I visited their website, I saw this really "Indy-esque" picture of the coat and I was sold. Now I don't doubt that the FS coat is more detailed and authentic(the bi-swing back on my Wested could be a little deeper) but I've got my jacket. Some people buy more than one Indy jacket. I don't know how they do it. I always figured Indy, in theory, had one jacket forever. He wouldn't buy another just because it was different leather, or it had different strap buckles. After you have a jacket a while you kinda get attached to it. You see a scratch on it and remember when it happened, it becomes yours. So I'm going to keep wearing my original Wested until the sleeves fall off or it wears through.

Austin....Danger Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]