Re: I am going to order a Peterbros Raiders custom hat. What should I tell him to do to my hat to make it just like the Raiders Hat?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jas from c806767-a.plano1.tx.home.com on September 17, 2000 at 17:06:43:

In Reply to: Re: I am going to order a Peterbros Raiders custom hat. What should I tell him to do to my hat to make it just like the Raiders Hat? posted by Fedora on September 16, 2000 at 14:53:18:

: : I am not sure what the specifications are for the Raiders Hat. Can someone please steer me in the right direction because I want my hat to be just like the one in Raiders of the Lost Ark. Thanks so much!

: First of all he does an excellent job on recreating the Raiders fedora. And like the other post stated, give him your hat size. I am now awaiting my second hat, and I wear a 7 1/4, so I will give you the specs that I gave him, since he really makes these hats to YOUR specs. These need to be highly detailed. I ordered the mink brown with the darkest brown 1 1/2 inch ribbon that he has. The open crown height is 5 7/8, sides straight up, with no taper. The distance to the top of the front pinch is 4 3/4 inches, and the same in the back. This allows the sides of the hat to rise above the pinch. I always specify a tight Raiders style pinch, and on my first hat, had to pinch it a bit tighter using steam. I may have to do the same on this next hat, but no problem. I don't give him any specs on the height of the sides of the crown, since I know that if he uses the specs on the front pinch and open crown height, the sides will be on the mark. The brim size is a dimensional cut, 2 3/4 by 2 5/8, and since I have him curl the sides of the brim up a bit, this looks really accurate to my eye. My first hat had the red liner, which is ok, but I prefer the white as the HJ's come with this, and I want mine as close as possible. He now has the white in stock for us, and for the additional 10.00, it is worth it to me personally. I griped about this extra charge at first, but after realizing I have to do the same in my business, have had a change of heart. I sent Joe several pics of the raiders fedora, and they were of the ones used in the movie that I really liked. Mostly when his fedora was still in good shape. Anyway, that's about it. I might add that if your head is oval shaped or a long oval, you might send a pic as specified on his web page, or maybe just tell him. You are gonna love his hats! Regards, Fedora

Fedora,

You mentioned in your post that you had increased the pinch in your hat using steam. I would like to do the same thing but I'm a little reluctant to mess with my brand new hat. I'd really appreciate it if you would post or email me the steps in your steaming process. If you've already posted this info, just point me to the correct page.

Thanks,

Indiana Jas

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: