Re: Should Indy have an apprentice?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aragorn from dval4.nque.com on August 14, 1998 at 19:25:15:

In Reply to: Should Indy have an apprentice? posted by Tommy K on August 14, 1998 at 16:23:18:

: In Indy IV, we talk about many of the former costars making a return. Should we bring back the original Short Round? Or give Indy another apprentice to follow in his footsteps (Indy a father?)? A student from his school? Although, this might seem to some that Indy needs all the help he can get and more, which would make him look less heroic. On the other hand, this could be a breakthrough for the actor playing the understudy. Whaddya say?

I think that Jonathon Ke Quan (formerly known as Ke Huy Quan) should return as Short Round. Sure he'll be older (he's 27 now), but he could still make a great side-kick for Indy. After all, Wu Han told Indy just before he died, "I followed you on many adventures". Short Round could work as his assistant, following Indy along on his quests just as the three of them had done before between 1933-34. That's what I'd like to see, at least. Short Round's presence would help to add some continuity to TEMPLE OF DOOM and the other films in the series. Right now, it kind of stands by itself.

Aragorn

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]