Re: What made YOU an Indy fan?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aragorn from dval4.nque.com on August 14, 1998 at 19:35:37:

In Reply to: Re: What made YOU an Indy fan? posted by Mack on August 13, 1998 at 00:45:18:

: : Duh, we're all here because of our undying fondness for Indiana Jones. But what attracted us to him? I didn't watch Raiders until a few years ago, and I was blown away by it. I thought, the other films must be good, so I'll get those. Ever since, I've been an Indy and a Harrison Ford nut. What caught your eye? The music? A scene? You just like Ford? What? Tell us.

: Well, I was born in '80 so I've sort of watched the Indy movies all my life. But I really didn't start appreciating them until about 4 years ago. I guess as I got older, there was this large void in my life as if there was something missing. It was an emotional gap of my deep psyche that wouldn't allow me to determine who I am. But, more than that, I needed a hero. Not just a comic book hero with goofy powers, mind you, but a real hero. A hero with character. A hero with more than catchy one liners and bulging biceps. A hero that could help me through my life and guide me in ways I needed. So I rediscovered Indiana Jones. I know this sounds sappy, but it's true.
: -Mack

I was born in 80 as well, and when RAIDERS came out a year later my dad really wanted to see it. He took my mom to see it along with me, even though I was only one, and my mom tells me that I sat and quietly watched the entire film! Of course, I don't remember ever doing that, but even then Indy held my interest! I really discovered him in 1993 when CBS showed LAST CRUSADE as their Sunday night movie. From that point on, I was hooked.

Aragorn

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]