Re: Patterson- wested advice

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.91 on September 18, 2000 at 12:20:57:

In Reply to: Patterson- wested advice posted by Bill Robinson on September 16, 2000 at 21:09:45:

: 1.) When you saw that Peter forgot to put it in the dryer, does that mean that the leather is as new, i.e. I would ask for new finish
when ordering?

Not new finished, although he has told me he does have a new finished cowhide that looks great. What happened was that they used the soft touch cowhide they use for the predistressed jacket, but forgot to run it through the dryer with the pebbles. The soft finish on this hide selectively rubs off with the pebbles in their special dryer, and you get a few nice scratches and wear on the seams. The new finish has a more durable surface finish.

: 2.) Also, is the jacket lambskin or another leather? You mentioned "hide," what is your preference?

The predistressed version is cowhide. Thier site really does a bad job at making these distinctions, i.e. it is very explicit that you get a lamb product jacket, when in fact you may not. Only the new finish napa is lambskin. The new finish naga and predistressed naga are cowhide. The cowhide jackets are about twice as heavy as the lambskin jackets, so it really depends upon what you want. I really love my cowhide LC Wested. The lambskin was nice and light in weight, but it did not hold it's shape at all and was not looking too great as it broke in, so I sold it.

: 3.) Which Lining do you prefer the cotton or the satin?

Cotton all the way with Wested. I've heard the older jackets have not had any problems with the satin holding up, but my lambskin Wested was satin, and it was falling apart. You will notice the cotton catches on long sleeve shirts, so it's a bit of a struggle getting the jacket on.

: 4.) How much wider is the Last Crusade collar in relation to the Raiders version?

As I recall, mine was 3/8 of an inch wider - it makes a BIG difference.

: 5.) I was thinking of going to a tailor to be measured, and sending
my complete measurements off to him, do you have any other suggestions on getting a good fit?

Nope - perfect call. More info is better with Wested. They are great at taking all you give them and making a nice jacket.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: