Actually, no

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on September 18, 2000 at 13:04:48:

In Reply to: OK, one more trivial observation, and then I'm going to bed.... posted by Roses4jezabel@aol.com on September 18, 2000 at 05:32:30:

: Did anyone find it odd that Indy, as prominent as he was at the university, would have an office that was nothing but a dirty little corner of the boiler room?

There's more than an even chance that Indy wasn't even tenured at this university, as professors are required to to extensive research and publishing in professional journals, juried by peers in their field, before becoming full professors. Until this occurs, they are considered associate professors, and are not placed very high on the list when it comes to housing or furniture at a university. I know of several at the university I work at that have been here for years, but because of their practices that do no full fill the requirements of tenure, are in about the same boat as Indy was portrayed. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]