Glad to hear - thanks! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.91 on September 18, 2000 at 17:23:09:

In Reply to: Re: Flight Suit's and Horsehide... posted by Gringo on September 18, 2000 at 17:17:27:

: : I've been discussing the topic of horsehide with FS. In the short term, they will not offer anything other than the lamb. This is due to a shortage they've experienced with horsehide in the production of their other jackets. Apparently, they've had to return some skins and have worked out getting it replaced.

: : BUT, when they do have it, they will be offering a veg tanned mahogany horsehide. I have a good sized sample sitting right here, and this is nice stuff. I really like the texture of this - it has a very accurate look and drape to it. The color is a very deep brown with a reddish hue (depending upon the light), and this stuff is tough!

: : Anybody out there have any experience with how this kind of leather wears in hotter clims?

: : Thanks!

: : Patterson

: I just received the veg-tanned Mahogany Horsehide A-2 jacket. The leather is excellent. Not thin like the lambskin, but I believe it is a better leather. Just give it a little time to break in. You wont be dissapointed.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]