Strong suggestion

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on September 18, 2000 at 21:18:53:

In Reply to: Re: More valuable info to help undo my experiment gone awry, and yet one more question for the knowledgable experts here..e posted by Michaelson on September 18, 2000 at 20:02:06:

In thinking about your situation, I highly suggest you look up the Pecards web address again, and give them a phone call. Ask for the customer service department and tell them your entire story. They're REAL nice folks (I've talked to them may times myself) The fly in the ointment here is the oil that has been introduced in the leather, so ask them what product THEY'D suggest. Regards. Michaelson

: : Any thoughts on undoing what been done, with the Neatsfoot Oil. I see I can get Pecards (I must have been thinking something else wasn't available here), but which type do I need? I quick checked their site and was overwelmed by the options (oil, lotion, antique lotion, etc). Should I just forget about the undoing the Neatsfoot treatment and hope for the best? Would it help to soak/rinse it with water again and let it dry out to get some the Neatsfoot nastiness out?

: Go for the standard paste leather dressing. Their antique leather dressing is about the same stuff, but just a little more expensive. You can also order the standard paste through David Morgan, and it's all he handles, so there's no confusion there. I'd go ahead and apply on the jacket as is. All it will do is help neutralize the Neetsfoot, and stabilize the leather. I'd apply a heavy, health dose first time, allow to completely soak in, then hit it again. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]