Re: What Makes You Think Indy's Prominent?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Roses4jezabel@aol.com from spider-wn043.proxy.aol.com on September 19, 2000 at 02:20:58:

In Reply to: What Makes You Think Indy's Prominent? posted by New Jersey Hughes on September 18, 2000 at 11:41:28:

I guess that I assumed he was. Hell, the Army knew who he was and what he had accomplished. Someone mentioned that Indy had only attempted to recover five artifacts. Keep in mind that his life was not confined to the three films. Chattar Lall, a foreign dignitary half way around the world, mentioned hearing Indy's name at Oxford, one of the most prominent universities in the country. Donovan was familiar as well. Before you disect my statement continue reading, I've done it for you.
The Army had no idea who the Hell Henry "Indiana" Jones was. They were investigating Abner and followed the leads to Indy, as any investigative organization would do. Just because Chattar Lall heard him mentioned does not mean he was mentioned favorably. Donovan just used him, knowing he would want to find his father.
I'm well aware of how tenure status is achieved. Archeologists usually teach between field assingments to earn a living, as was likely the case with Indy. I guess outstanding acheivements in the field don't count for much when it comes to the ettiquite and politics of the educational system....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]