Re: What made YOU an Indy fan?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve McCrary from spider-tf053.proxy.aol.com on August 15, 1998 at 11:15:15:

In Reply to: What made YOU an Indy fan? posted by Tommy K on August 12, 1998 at 20:49:51:

: Duh, we're all here because of our undying fondness for Indiana Jones. But what attracted us to him? I didn't watch Raiders until a few years ago, and I was blown away by it. I thought, the other films must be good, so I'll get those. Ever since, I've been an Indy and a Harrison Ford nut. What caught your eye? The music? A scene? You just like Ford? What? Tell us.

One thing has always made me like Star Wars, Star Trek, and Indy. that is, my father likes all three of them, and I just happen to love Indy. I'm only 13, born years after Raiders came out, a toddler when Temple of Doom was in theaters, and six when Last Crusade came out. I never really watched the films, I just remember them always being there. I mean, I don'y remember the first time I watched Star Wars. I just remember it was always there. I don't remember the first time I saw Raiders, just that it's always been there.
maybe I'm drifting off the point here. I am an Indy fan because I love the way Indy gets the job done, no matter what (with the exception of the first part in Raiders). Indy is a little part of all of us. he is a normal guy dealing with otherwordly threats (such as the Ark of the Covenant, the Thugees, and the Holy Grail)
My favorite movie of the three is the Last Crusade, which bind all the stars of the films together (except the wimp willie, Marion, and Short Round). Sallah is there, Marcus is there, and even Indy's dad is there. very, VERY cool!
I guess the reason I'm an Indy fan is because the movies entertain me!
catcha later.

--Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: