Certainly...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.91 on September 19, 2000 at 11:42:45:

In Reply to: Re: Important note on this Jacket - please read! posted by California Smith on September 18, 2000 at 19:54:17:

I had trouble with this one too, until Lee Kepler and DeWayne led me down the proper path.

The look you refer to is achieved by doubling the straps back through the rings. First, thread the rings exactly as Wested does, i.e. up through both rings and then back down through the bottom ring. The straps now have the LC configuration and point forward, right? But on the RotLA jacket, the straps do not attach close enough to the hand warmer’s to nicely tuck in (sorry DeWayne), and they're so long they just flap about.

What you do now is pull the end of the strap BACK through the same way it went through the bottom ring. This creates a small loop on the front side, while the tab sticks out the back. In some of the scenes in RotLA (The Bar Fight and parts of the Flying Wing and the Well of Souls), you can make out this loop, and the strap ends just stick out past the rear panel. In other scenes (the Peruvian temple and the Iman's house) the strap gets pulled through a bit farther, causing the ends to kind of wrap around the back of the jacket.

After looking at the original, I believe they did this to alleviate a fairly common problem Wested lambskin owners have complained of; the straps are too thin and they move about through the rings, so the straps are constantly needing to be pulled tight. By doubling them back, the straps hold their position. Also, the rectangular rings work better in this respect then the d-rings do.

Hope this helps - Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: